Saturday, November 9, 2013

Another update already

Good news! It takes me a little bit of time to actually get these posts put together, but I literally had just finished double checking the postings and sat down for some "personal time" when I heard the announcement that there was another update. I quickly concluded my "business" so as to not miss any new information. The new information that came was from Dr Cambren (neurosurgeon) 3pm.
This was the most information that I got at one time so I hope that I don't leave anything out. Once again, everything was going really well and it seemed as though the good doctor was very pleased with the results. From the stand point of whether or not it was worse or better than expected they said it depended. Concerning the malformations, it was worse, but concerning the bone strength and sinus' being sealed properly, it was better. They did not have to remove as much bone from her skull as previously anticipated, which was great news.
So, here is was they have said that was done. All the old hardware was removed and bone grafts were done into her forehead, floor of her orbital socket, and on the sides of her temples. There was some contouring improvement done to her cheek structure to make them more symmetrical and some smoothing of bone spurs that were growing down from the bone directly behind her eyebrows.
She is currently being closed up and with a slight face lift to prevent drooping that can occur from this type of operation. The anticipation is that swelling will set in fairly quickly once the surgery has ended, but that she will feel better than she may look, until the swelling goes downs. The only down side to any of this is that she may have to keep the breathing tube down tonight... The good doctor believes that she will not be talking much tonight, but for those of us that know better, this single point will be talked about for years to come.

I think that is it for now... I hope I didn't miss too much. Thanks For tuning in today!
Bill

No comments:

Post a Comment