Saturday, November 9, 2013

The accident. view at your own risk!

Okay so I know these are pretty bad but this is a family journal and this is probably one of the craziest things that has ever happenned to us. So i guess it needs to be documented. So only look at these if you want...thats my preface.

This happened on Nov 9th 2008. We were driving down hwy 89 when we hit a blk cow in the dark of the night. I was life flighted to U of U where i spent a lot of time in the ICU, but best of all my family was fine. We have had so many miracles all along the way and it seems we still have more work to do on this earth. I hsve been so blesseed ny so many people and appreciate the prayers and constant support that i have received. my husband gets the husband of the year award for all of his help bathing,, dressing, feeding me and even flat ironing my hair all with a great attitude. Not to mention giving me my meds, even if that means waking up in the middle of the night and sleeping on the couch since i almost take up the whole bed wth all mt pillows and broken arm. He dresses the kids and feeds them, oh and he even plays games with them. All while he is now back at work, so yeah. I am so happy to have him by my side as our family grows through this challenge over the nest year and a half. Day by day i am improving and so looking back on these pictures brings me hope that one day i will look like myself again, but really I am still the same person inside, maybe even better!

Too bad this car was all paid for, and only hadf 35,000 miles!



On our 8 yr anniversary
At home recouping
Probably the worst feeling with no eyes, mouth or nose fuctioning.






Above is after my 2nd surgery below was after the 1st. I guess my face sunk in so I had to have the 2nd surgery! They tried to do all the work inn one surgery but the docs said 6 hours later with still so much waork to do plus they had already given me a blood transfusion and 4 pints of blood. luckily the 2nd surgery i only had 2 yet it was a 7 hour surgery.







No comments:

Post a Comment