Saturday, November 9, 2013

Moms who make it 09/06/09

Speaking at the confrence
My topic was Finding the Rainbows Through the Storms


After it was all over I couldnt help but take some pictures of my happy girl. It was appropriate to have her there with me, because she along with the rest of my family are the greatest rainbows I have through my storms adn not to mention the little miracle that she is.
This is a conference that I attended in July. I was asked to be a Keynote speaker and share a motivational thought/story of my accident. I was really nervous to do this considering I dont feel as sharp as I used to. The accident is NOT hard for me to talk about because I feel like there are so many useful lessons people can learn from my experience. I like seeing something positive come out of something so horrible that my family had to go through. If I had to go throught all of this to be able to help just one person, then to me, it was worth all the pain I continue to endure. So I was excited to speak on something personal to me and different than my usual business speeches. I arrived to the conference early to be able to attend some other classes and while I was in the first class the Founder of the event asked me if I would interview with KSL. (I did a short interview and then later they came to my house for awhile and got more footage there.)
After the interview I went up to finish preparing for my talk later on. It was held at Noahs in South Jordan and the facility was amazing. We had a gorgeous room to prepare and rest in which came in handy for me. I was lucky to go with my friend Shelley and then I also brought Kaylee so that I could feed her throughout the day.
We had a great lunch and then I spent some time with Bianca who is one of my franchisees and we set up her booth and she played some with kaylee too(Kaylee loves her) Then it was time for me to speak. I was a little nervous, but decided I was going to do the best I could and be myself.
After I spoke I had numerous people come up to me and thank me for my story and sharing it with them. A man who was working a booth told me that it was something he needed to hear because he is one of those people who go through life thinking its hard, when nothing serious has really happened. He told me that he learned a good lesson and that is too enjoy the life we have keep going. It was fun talking and meeting so many people. At dinner I could barely eat because there were so many people asking me more about things. After I enjoyed a talk from Good things Utahs Nicea Deghering. I met her when I was on the show a few yrs ago and did a shoe party for her. Anyway, she asked me why I looked different. I was actually glad she noticed. Its funny how some people think I am the same and then there are others who really notice the changes in me.
I had a great time that day and left inspired to work harder and be a better person.
Above is tihe clip that was aired on TV, not the best clips in my opinion also they didnt even mention my accident which surprised me.

No comments:

Post a Comment